Focus and Scope
Jamu : Jurnal Abdi Masyarakat UMUS is a multidisciplinary journal dedicated to showcasing the engagement and dedication of undergraduate and graduate students in various community service and outreach activities. The primary focus of the journal is to publish high-quality research articles, project reports, and case studies that demonstrate the active involvement of students in addressing real-world challenges and contributing to the betterment of society.
Jamu : Jurnal Abdi Masyarakat UMUS welcomes submissions from students across diverse disciplines and fields who have participated in community service initiatives. The scope of the journal includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Community Development: Projects and initiatives that aim to improve the social, economic, and environmental conditions of local communities. This may include activities such as rural development, infrastructure enhancement, and sustainable livelihood programs.
- Health and Well-being: Research and interventions related to public health, healthcare access, disease prevention, mental health awareness, and other initiatives focused on enhancing the well-being of individuals and communities.
- Education and Empowerment: Contributions that promote education, literacy, and skills development in underserved areas. This may involve teaching programs, vocational training, and initiatives empowering marginalized groups.
- Environmental Sustainability: Efforts to address environmental issues, promote conservation, and create awareness about sustainable practices. This may cover areas such as waste management, renewable energy, and biodiversity conservation.
- Social Innovation: Innovative projects and solutions designed to tackle societal challenges, foster social entrepreneurship, and create a positive impact on communities.
- Cultural Preservation: Initiatives focused on preserving and promoting local cultures, traditions, and heritage, thus contributing to cultural diversity and identity preservation.
- Technology for Social Good: The utilization of technology, such as mobile applications, data analytics, and communication platforms, to address social issues and enhance the effectiveness of community service projects.
- Policy and Advocacy: Research and projects that influence public policy, advocate for marginalized groups, and contribute to the creation of a more just and inclusive society.
- Collaborative Partnerships: Articles highlighting successful collaborations between academic institutions, NGOs, governmental agencies, and local communities to achieve common goals in community development.
Jamu : Jurnal Abdi Masyarakat UMUS aims to foster a culture of civic engagement and social responsibility among students and encourage them to take an active role in making a positive impact on society. The journal provides a platform for students to share their experiences, insights, and outcomes, thereby inspiring others to engage in meaningful community service activities.